Saturday, October 8, 2016

Inktober 2016: My experience so far

On october 1st I started the challenge 'Inktober', which consists on drawing something every day of october and inking that draw. The challenge states that people can 'participate' with a draw everyday, a draw every two days or just half october. People then post their draws on internet using platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, etc. 

This year I didn't plan to participate. On october 1st I was seeing pictures on Instagram and suddenly I realized it was inktober! I took the decision of participating really fast. I said to myself: you should do the challenge. So I created a new instagram account where I could post just illustration made by me, and then I drew something.

My theme for the challenge was (and still is) fashion through history, so I did a list of the different styles I wanted to approach in my draws and I made a calendar in order to organize better my days.

The list:
1. Medieval Period.
2. The Renaissance.
3. The Baroque.
4. The Rococo.
5. The Victorian era.
6. 1900.
7. 1910, The belle epoqué.
8. 1920, Golden Twenties.
9. 1930.
10. '40.
11. '50.
12. '60.
13. '70.
14. '80.
15. '90.
16. 2000
17. 2010
18. 2016

From that on I haven't though what else to draw. I want to continue doing Fashion through History, but I still have to think about it.

My experience so far has been pretty good. I feel that my drawing tecniques have improved with every new draw. I am very motivated to draw; although sometimes I am tired because of my University responsibilities and exams, I always find a little of inspiration to finish the draw of the day.

Later on I will write other posts related to this topic. Maybe I am going to tell you how I am doing with the challenge in the middle of october, and most probably I am going to write an entry when I finish the challenge, telling you my thoughts about it and showing you what I liked the most to draw and my final feelings about it.

I hope you are doing well. I encourage you to participate in Inktober 2016.

This is my instagram account in case you want to follow my works: iranoha.ink


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment