Sunday, October 16, 2016

Inktober 2016: Half the way

I promised I would write a post talking about my experience so far with Inktober so here I am. First of all I want to tell you that everytime it comes a challenge (a fit challenge, a diet challenge, a whatever challenge) I struggle a lot to do it and when day 15 arrives, somehow I stop doing the challenge. Well, this time I will fight myself to finish every single draw of Inktober. Right now I am on day 16 so that's an advance.

If you are doing the challenge (or another one) this may help you to stay on track.

1. Draw and draw and draw: It doesn't matter if you are tired or sick or if you have a lot of things to do, JUST DRAW. I am the queen of procastination and resting, but this time I can't let me go to bed if I hadn't draw something. My days at Uni finish at 5:30 pm and I arrive to my home at 6 pm. After that I have to study a bit, make a homework, take a shower and toast the bread for tea time with my family, but I DRAW, and I end up super tired, of course. Anyway, seeing my improvements is worth the pain. So do the same and draw.

2. Practice the skills that you don't have: With this I mean, try to stay focus in your art and the draws you want to do, but apart from that try to practice drawing the things on which you always fail. For example, I can't draw nice hands or faces, so I started practising my anatomy skills. Remember: practice makes the master.

3. Post online: I know that you sell your best work and you have to let down the one you did not too well, but in this challenge the best thing to do is to show your work. It doesn't matter if you took a bad decision in your draw, post it online anyway. If there is something I have learnt doing the challenge is that people don't see your draws the same way you do. I have made horrible draws according to my point of few, and when I post them, I realized many people liked them. On the other hand, some beautiful draws according to my appreciation were not that popular on instagram as I wanted them to be. So don't stop showing your art; beauty is subjective.

4. BE YOURSELF AND GET INSPIRED BY OTHERS' STYLES: I know what are my flaws and I know what are my skills. I want to be better but I continue the line of my style. I draw in a certain way and certainly you do it too. I also get inspired by all the other people doing the challenge; I can't stop looking at the pictures of the girls I admire, but I know I am not them. Some people may love your style and might get inspired by what you do. Keep your style always, and if you have to change, do it, but never feel ashame for your art.


I wanted to make a bigger post but that will have to wait. I am planning on showing you my method to draw. The steps and all of that.

Thanks for reading.

With love, Sofía.

No comments:

Post a Comment