Thursday, August 4, 2016

Am I a writer?

I am a writer, and it took me a lot of time to figure it out. Ok, I haven't published any book and I am not famous at all, but I write and that is what a writer does, right? 

Since I am a child I have written many stories. My first tale was about an horror mansion. I was pretty obsessed with enchanted houses and misterious murders and at that time (eight year old me) I
was very inspired by the horror stories that older girls than me used to tell in the school bus. So one day I started writing a tale about a group of kids (inspired by the kids of my bus) who went to a mansion. Every day in the mansion was more terrifying than the previous one, and apart from that,  a new kid disappeared every new day. I wrote that story with different pencils and did many draws of zombies, ghosts and scary things. 

I remember myself a few years later writing a new horror story. This was better than the previous one, of course. It was about a picture; I know you may think that a picture is not really scary, but this one was a cursed picture. I can't remember any detail of the story so I'm not going to bother you with that.

When I started growing up I continued writing, but my stories were more about love, like teenager love. I was really amazed with writing romance and trying to get the attention of possible readers by getting my own attention. I always say 'If it doesn't catch ME, then it is not going to catch anyone alse', and  maybe that is why I get so upset when I realized that any of my stories is not really good for someone when it DID catch my attention.


I attempted writing a novel about a detective who was hired to investigate a crime related to kidnapping. But the story was very stupid itself; it wasn't a detective story but a LOVE story. The detective fell in love with a doctor who finally WAS the kidnapper and she also fell in love with the man who  hired her: another doctor who was the brother of the missing girl. VERY REALISTIC, I KNOW.

My next story was supposed to be my first Best selling novel, but it ended up being nothing. Why? well, because I don't know where it went.  It was about a little girl and a little boy who hate each other (they were neighbours), and over time they built a friendship. I wanted to write about how they managed to be friends after being enemies, and how they started falling in love when they were teenagers and adults.  I was so excited to write this, but one day when I was searching for the file on my computer, I couldn't find it. I am not sure if I deleted it by  mistake, or if someone else did it (when I say 'my computer', it really means 'the computer of my family'). Short story: I still cry on my mind when I remember this story which I was pretty excited to write.

I don't wan't to bore you so I am going to summarize my next writing creations: 

-I wrote my experiences and love experiences during eight grade in PDF, and It has pictures and quotes.
-I wrote a love story which was inspired by my love triangle problems of eighth grade (a very stupid story I have to say). 
-Another story that I still want to finish about two groups of people living in the middle of nowhere. (It's called AGAPI, in case you want to follow the trail of this one in the future).
-Just one chapter of a story about love and a girl who could see the aura of people and know if couples are meant to be.
-A few chapters of a story of a girl who dies and becomes an angel.
-I finished a fanfic about Niall Horan from One Direction. (You can read it in Spanish here: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/18951396-i-never-thought-you%27d-be-mine-n-h )
-I recently finished another fanfic about Harry Styles from One Direction. (You can read it in Spanish here : https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/21155923-diamonds-in-the-sun-h-s  )
(I am also doing the translation in English here: https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/63826750-diamonds-in-the-sun-english-h-s)
-I wrote two 'Dialogues' which are in spanish and very very embarrasing so I am not going to show you that.
-AND MANY MANY SONGS, in spanish most of them.


I always though that you only become a writer when you publish a book, and I also heard from a famous author that he doesn't consider himself a real writer because he is NOT that good as other authors. So I always say to myself 'YOU ARE NOT A WRITER YET, YOU NEED TO WRITE AT LEAST FIVE BOOKS AND BLAHBLAHBLAH TO BE CONSIDERED AS A PROPER WRITER', and you know what? I am tired of thinking that way. I AM a writer, I have been writing since I can remember, I have finished some tales and some novels (or fanfictions), and I have written so SO many songs in my entire life that if that doesn't mean I am a writer, then what does it?

I am going to tell you a last thing to all of you who are just like me: BELIEVE in yourself and start calling yourself a writer, because if you have written a lot of things, although the rest of the world haven't read any of your work yet, does that mean you are any less? When you publish, you will just be PUBLISHED, but you have being a writer before that and THAT is what really matters. 

Thank you for reading and take care.

With love, Sofía.


No comments:

Post a Comment